Monday, April 6, 2009

Sushi Night! Miraku Restaurant in Walnut Creek, CA

My friend Tracy introduced me to a sushi restaurant in Walnut Creek that I'd probably driven by hundreds of times and never had given a second glance. Boy, am I dummy. And apparently the last to know as well. Miraku, the unassuming restaurant tucked in amongst the tire shops and auto dealerships of North Broadway, is consistently rated as among the best sushi restaurants in the East Bay. Let's just say that I'm thrilled to be better late than never: it's my new go-to sushi place when I'm out in the Creek! Sometimes, the pictures just say it all....

My go-to spicy tuna handroll:


Quite possibly the most perfect piece of nigiri I think I've ever had: Super White Tuna (Escolar) with garlic and scallions:


You know it's going to be good when the chef whips out the blow torch!


The finished Firecracker Roll: spicy tuna tempura on the inside and blowtorched scallops on the outside, finished with crispy potato filaments and a couple of sauces that I won't even attempt to describe:

1 comment:

  1. The post is great..You should get in touch with the bizymoms Walnut-creek community to feature these on their page. It’s free and the moms will love them

    ReplyDelete