Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tiny Slices of Heaven: My Burrata Splurge

I had a pretty darn good week. Had a few successes, felt good about a couple of milestones, got some great feedback on a couple of personal projects. So, I decided to celebrate. What does that mean? Cheese, of course! I got myself some gorgeous heirloom tomatoes, my favorite multigrain crackers, fresh-cut basil from the garden, coursely-ground sea salt.... and the piece de resistance: Burrata!

If you're not familiar with burrata, first - I'm so sorry. Second, a primer thanks to wikipedia: "Burrata is a fresh Italian cheese, made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell is solid mozzarella while the inside contains both mozzarella and cream, giving it an unusual, soft texture. It is usually served fresh, at room temperature. The name burrata means 'buttered' in Italian."
I know, huh? Needless to say, it was one decadent treat. But I only had enough to really make it feel like a treat - a couple ounces of the cheese at most. But man - it was heaven.

What do you like to treat yourself with when you feel very accomplished?

No comments:

Post a Comment