Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm Stuffed: Seriously Addicting Stuffed Mushrooms

I contributed these stuffed shrooms to the appetizer bonanza at the recent Fare to Remember holiday soiree. They turned out to be a pretty big hit, so I promised I would share the recipe here. They might look pretty harmless, but I found that I couldn't stop popping them in my mouth. I think I walked away after about a dozen. Baker's dozen, that is! :)

Stuffed Mushrooms
  • 2 dozen large mushroom caps, stems removed and chopped
  • 4 mild Italian-style chicken sausages, casings removed
  • 1 cup cooked wild rice
  • 1/4 cup fresh sage, chopped
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine the chopped stems of the mushrooms with all other ingredients; combine into a meatloaf consistency. Place a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into each mushroom cap, forming a mound. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 25-30 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through. Garnish with a dab of Dijon mustard and chive spear.

No comments:

Post a Comment