Monday, June 6, 2011

Here's to Project Sweet Life

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." ~Author Unknown

Today marks a day that I just can't let go unnoticed. After more than 30 years of shaping young minds, imparting knowledge, mentoring, and generally just working her butt off for the benefit of her three kids, my mom is retiring. Retiring! A momentous milestone, a day well-earned, a long time in coming. I couldn't be more proud of my mom - her vast accomplishments and the legacy that she leaves in her wake will forever be the bar to which I strive. She is now free to embark on her self-described "Project Sweet Life," and to that I say, get on with it! No one deserves it more than you. Savor your coming days, eat up the possibilities that present themselves in your path, relish the small pleasures you've had to overlook while providing for everyone else. Congratulations, mom. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment