Sunday, August 23, 2009

Produce is Pretty

And there it goes, with an audible Whoosh. That would be my weekend that you're hearing rushing past. Although it's been a productive couple of days, all of my energy has been directed toward my actual JOB. I know I know - it's a hard life I lead when I have to spend an occasional weekend toiling away at a job I really love; everyone should be so lucky! But still - it's no consolation when hiking trails go unexplored, the dog goes unwalked, and the BBQ stands idle on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon while I'm squirreled away in the office working on my carpal tunnel syndrome.

Needless to say, I've got lots of great blog posts in the works... but it will be a day or two before I can even look a computer in the monitor for anything non-work related. So in the meantime, I thought you might like to feast your eyes on some pretty food pictures! These are images taken at a couple farmers markets over the past few weeks (San Francisco, Napa and San Rafael); images that might not find their way into a blog post, but worth sharing regardless. At least I think so.

And on that note, I'm shutting off the computer for the night and getting myself a refreshing adult beverage (mojito, if you must know, with fresh herbs from my garden). I'll get some fresh air after all - even if it is just viewing the sunset from my backyard. Cheers!

Carrots

Bell peppers, reddish colored - but it's hard to say...
Multi-colored peppers

Chinese long beans

Squash blossoms

Nettles

Canned pickled veggies

Any ideas? If you guessed Yugoslavian Finger Fruit,
you would be correct. It's a squash. Tastes like zucchini.

Greens with edible flowers

Baby cauliflower

Purple Easter Egg radishes

Chard

Sugar Dumpling winter squash

1 comment:

  1. I was at the Farmer's Market yesterday looking at the beautiful vegetables. Thinking seriously about doing a series of large-format portraits of vegetables. Edward Weston style. Now that you've done it, I don't need to.

    Very nice images Morry! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete